“Advanced software designed to get you online quickly…”
Yachtspot 4G+ WiFi is the latest arrival in the Yachtspot family specifically designed to meet the needs of the marine leisure industry. The NEW Yachtspot 4G+ WiFi builds on the success of Yachtspot Marine WiFi, and combines it with 4G connectivity to produce a feature rich, professional device for connecting Yachts to the Internet.
Yachtspot Mobile products, Yachtspot 4G+ WiFi and Yachtspot 3G+ WiFi have been carefully thought out to provide simplicity in use, but still capable of advanced configuration should that be required in the complex world of roaming Internet access.
Our Mobile products should be familiar to our many current users of the WiFi only product, with the integration of Mobile technologies. Yachtspot 4G+ WiFi and Yachtspot 3G+ WiFi carry forward our commitment to simplify operation for example both contain an updatable list of all the world’s Mobile network providers accessed as a dropdown list complete with their connection details [APN, username, password] saving you the trouble of looking these up. The 4G logon page displays a similar embedded application to the WiFi pages showing the status of your connection, and you have the ability to save your favourite connection details just like you can on the WiFi pages.
The 4G Info page provides a good deal of advanced detail on the Mobile technologies available, the hardware, and your IMEI, IMSI, and ICCD identity numbers which you may require when contacting your network provider.
Yachtspot Marine WiFi, Yachtspot 3G+ WiFi, and the NEW Yachtspot 4G+ WiFi are the ONLY professional WiFi routers for the marine market that encrypt your WiFi Internet traffic! * (subject to an annual subscription).
Using open WiFi has always carried the risk that your Internet activities can be listened to. It’s a complex subject, but what is sure is that by routing your traffic over a VPN those risks are eliminated. Yachtspot Marine WiFi, Yachtspot 3G+ WiFi, and our NEW Yachtspot 4G+ WiFi all feature SafeSurf VPN ™ which can fully encrypt your WiFi traffic to our secure VPN servers.
Thanks to DNS Blaster™ you can now surf the net faster than ever before! DNS Blaster™ speeds up your Internet browsing by querying several DNS servers simultaneously and returning the first reply received, resulting in requests for web pages going out much quicker, especially on slow and lossy networks. DNS Blaster™ works with both Mobile and WiFi technologies.
Yachtspot can partner with other IP devices which we call ‘connectors’, providing support for a range of methods to connect to the Internet. Connector teaming provides the installer with a unified, structured menu system to allow the owner, and crew members, to manage multiple Internet connection devices easily. For example Yachtspot could partner with Fleet Broadband and allow the crew to select which device to use using a simple menu on the Yachtspot.
Yachtspot Marine WiFi, Yachtspot 3G+WiFi, and the NEW Yachtspot 4G+WiFi come with a set of advanced features which are especially useful in very congested WiFi environments.
To enable you to quickly identify the best performing WiFi hotspots, Yachtspot comes packed with information presented in an easy to understand format.
For example on the “Easy logon”, and the “Advanced logon” pages we have provided an embedded web application which provides periodic updates on the status of the WiFi connection during the log on process. This information is automatically updated without page refresh.
“Under the hood”, the log on process has been written to make it very aggressive on lossy, highly contested WiFi networks. This entirely automatic process requires no configuration, or user interaction.
Icons are used to present information in an easy to assimilate format. For example: contention ratio. WiFi hotspots share frequency with other hotspots as well as between client devices. The more contention on a particular frequency, the greater the likelihood the connection will be slower, and suffer from increased packet loss. Our contention ratio icon grows in proportion to the contention on each channel and displays that next to each SSID. The user can then take that information into account when choosing a WiFi network.
“If things go wrong…”
We provide support to get you up and running as quickly as possible.
To help us, to help you, we created the ‘support pack’ which provides us with a comprehensive overview of your Yachtspot’s sub systems. You can create a support pack on the ‘About’ page.
Advanced software for Yachts designed to just work…
- Mobile [4G/3G] and WiFi connectivity in one device [except for the WiFi only product]
- Easy to use interface with clear instructions and explanatory icons
- Click to scan, select, and connect
- Dropdown list of Mobile network providers complete with automatic entry of connection details
- SIM PIN unlocking
- Mobile connection stay alive
- Automatic and manual Mobile generation 2G/3G/4G selection. Note: Our 3G router supports 2G and 3G networks, and our 4G router supports 2G/3G/ and 4G networks.
- WiFi support for WEP, WPA, and WPA2 encryption
- SafeSurf VPN ™ – Encryption over open WiFi networks
- DNS Blaster ™ – faster Internet browsing
- Team connectors – Integration with other Internet connection devices
- DHCP, DNS server with forwarding
- Advanced firewall configuration
- Logging options
- Simple Backup/Restore
- Ping/Traceroute/ARP troubleshooting utilities
- Helpful error messages with possible solutions
Hardware comes complete with
- 4G+ WiFi version only – Powerful LTE/HSPA+ data card with peak downlink speeds up to 100 Mbps, and peak uplink speeds up to 50 Mbps
- 3G+ WiFi version only – Powerful HSPA+ data card with peak downlink speeds up to 21 Mbps, and peak uplink speeds up to 5.76 Mbps
- Powerful 400mW 802.11 b/g carrier class WiFi card supporting speeds to 54 Mbps
- IP67 rated, die-cast aluminium case with IP67 waterproof fittings
- PoE “Power over Ethernet”
- N type connector/s for externally mounted marine antennas
- Bulkhead fitting, test antenna/s, power supply adaptor, PoE injector, set up cables, and a comprehensive manual
"Advanced software designed to get you online quickly..."
Since we switched to using Yachtspot our jobs have become a lot easier and our customers a lot happier...
Must say you have been fantastic. Thanks very much, and thanks for your time
I'm happy to report that our Yachtspot is functioning well the Captain is very happy... no problems onboard at all.
Love you product - the best I've seen and even impressed one of the founders of SUN Microsystems when it was shown to them
Sir, I have used one of your units on my previous vessel and found it to be exceptional.